IPB Generic Smilies (W.I.P)

Discussion in 'Coding Wizardry' started by Shelley, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Shelley

Shelley Supporting Member

Thought I'd go about and commence work on some smilies (18px square) that I planned on submitting on completion to replace the default invision power board smilies. Taking a closer look at them they are .gif and quite a few of them consist of animations (which I guess some i won't be able to avoid saving to gif) but most I feel can be designed statically and still retain a conveyed expression without animation (like the "wacko" etc) unfortunately I felt the blink emoticon (which I already have designed has to be animated because it needs to blink. Anyway. Here's an early look. As with most smilies they can easily be adapted for other software though I'm primarily focusing on designing and replacing the default IPB smilies. (Preview Below)

[​IMG]

Updated: 9th April Added new updated screenshot of the IPB smiley pack I'm currently working on. (BELOW)

[​IMG]
  2. Noles

Noles 93and99

I'll probably be replacing mine with these. :p
  3. TheRevTastic

TheRevTastic I don't want to be George Michael

Same here, they are looking great Shelley.

You should remake the ol ipb ninja smiley :p.

Even though I do like the default Invision Power Board smileys I will probably use these.
  4. momofone
    Magical

momofone Pleb

Great smilies Shelley. I will also use them. :p
  5. Shelley

I have all the default emoticons at hand from the IPB pack and everyone will be replaced which also includes the ninja emoticon.

Heck even the emoticon I hate so much which is now coming back to haunt me "wub" lol (I once created a site about this smiley but that's a story for a rainy day) :nuhuh:
  6. TheRevTastic

Well i say its a rainy day :p, do tell us.
  7. Shelley

Latest Preview of the first dedicated IPB based Smiley pack that I'm working on. This will be the last preview (Unless I add in some extras) but I think for now if I design and replace the default that will be enough for the time being.

Again, The sizes of these will be 18px by 18px so text formatting won't be interrupted too much. I think with this pack sizes and quality was met and not compromised but I'll leave the judge of that to you the folks who may use them. ;) Almost done.

I'll also add the updated screenshot to the first post of this thread.

[​IMG]
  8. TheRevTastic

Yup now I definitely will be using these on my site, that ninja looks sexy :cool:.
  9. Shelley

Glad you like them. I should have them completed tomorrow (saturday) and submitted to the graphic database. ;)
  10. cheat-master30

cheat-master30 Senior Member

I think I might be using them... oh never mind, I always add free smilies I come across.
  11. Azhria Lilu
    Amused

Azhria Lilu Make the stupid people shut up.

They're awesome - as always! :giggle:
  12. Shelley

UPDATE!! - IPB Smiley pack released in the admin extra graphic area in this thread. ;)
  13. TheRevTastic

Downloaded :).
  14. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Well-Known Member

What about to produce an icons set to replace the IPB post icons? :)

P.S. Would be great also to have new replace icons for reputation (now a + and a - signs) with thumbs up and thumbs down as in facebook?

Attached Files:

15. Shelley

I don't foresee any problems (when time permits) That a replacement of the posticons for IPB will be made. TBH I think the post icons for IPB look nice but I'll submit a set of new post icons for IPB in the near future. :)

I also plan to create other misc icons to replace the IPB defaults. When time permits me to do so I'll add them into the Adminextra Graphic Database. ;)
  16. Dr. Jekyll

If you intent to replace the "very ugly" silk icons by FamFamFam that IPB use all around you will became very popular in the IPB world. :agrees:

Actually I am surprise that IPS doesn't pay a graphic to have some nice custom icons like the one you use here at admin extra.
  17. Shelley

I think the silk icons Look really great. I guess because I'm only new at IPB I haven't seen them as much but I've always found that the FamFamFam Icons look really nice.

Don't worry though, I'll soon sort something out and I'll soon be releasing directly at the IPS resource area soon. :)
  18. Dr. Jekyll

Sure I'm impressed for the Silk icons that with the add on package are more than 1.000 different icons and they are free released.

But I like the apple word, and the silk layout is not really my taste.

Because are free, they are largely used, and I think that a good product as IPB should deserve custom icons at least in some area, as buttons and on the editor (as here on Admin Extra)

:)